Share Your Love for English
Explore English Education
As you grow into your teaching education, you will work with your professors to further develop your passion for teaching English.
What's the Difference?
- Gain experience working with students in the Mitchell School District early on.
- Explore many opportunities as DWU's education department is located within a PreK-5 elementary school.
- Learn from DWU’s amazing professors; our low student-to-teacher ratio provides valuable one-on-one time with your mentors.
- Complete more than 300 hours of classroom experience
- Design your unique one-semester student teaching capstone
- 100% of DWU education graduates are working as teachers or attending graduate school.
English Education Courses
You will take a wide array of courses providing you with both the fundamentals of classroom teaching and the specific knowledge needed within your chosen specialty.
SPD 470 Student Teaching in Special Education
EDU 465 Classroom Management for the K-12 Educator
ENG 327 English Methods
ENG 230 Young Adult Literature
EDU 311 Educational Psychology
EDU 335 American Indian Education
Get to Know Your Professors
Become a teacher and learn from our fabulous teachers!
Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable
one-on-one interaction with professors.
Ashley Digmann, Ed.D.
Barbara Duffey, Ph.D.
Derric Ludens, M.A.
Vince Redder, Ph.D.
Campus Mail Box:
Year Started at DWU:
Area of Expertise:
What I Love Most About DWU:
You will complete more than 300 hours of classroom experience, so you’ll start your teaching career with confidence. Because our education department is attached to a local elementary school, you will engage in those classroom activities very early in your DWU education. Your one-semester student teaching experience will be the capstone of your time at DWU.