Teach the Next Generation
You can have a profound impact on the next generation when you enroll in an education program at DWU. Our education department is housed within an on-campus elementary school, giving you unparalleled access to students, teachers and real-world classrooms. Your classroom and student teaching experience will help you develop the skills you need to be a confident teacher. And your “kids” will love you for it!
What's the Difference?
- Attend classes, meetings and labs within a preK-5 elementary school located right on our campus
- Learn from DWU’s amazing professors; our low student to teacher ratio provides valuable one-on-one time with your mentors
- Complete more than 300 hours of classroom experience
- Design your unique one-semester student teaching capstone
- Specialize in elementary education or check out our other education majors: biology, English, history, math, music or special education
You will complete more than 300 hours of classroom experience, so you’ll start your teaching career with confidence. Because our education department is attached to a local elementary school, you will engage in those classroom activities very early in your DWU education. Your one-semester student teaching experience will be the capstone of your time at DWU.
Check Out Our Other Education Majors
Get to Know Your Professors
Become a teacher and learn from our fabulous teachers! Our low student-to-teacher ratio offers valuable one-on-one interaction with professors.
Contact us anytime! Call admissions at 605-995-2650, or email us at email@example.com.
We would love to share information with you via email, or we will mail it right to your front door.