Dakota Wesleyan University and the Dakotas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church are teaming up this Christmas to deliver a special Christmas Eve worship service that will air on all major markets in South Dakota and North Dakota.
The broadcast schedule is as follows:
- KELO (All of South Dakota, northwest Iowa, northeast Nebraska, western Minnesota) Dec. 24, 2-3 p.m. CST; 2-3 p.m. MST
- CW (western South Dakota) Dec. 24, 10 a.m. MST
- UTV (eastern South Dakota) Dec. 24, 10 a.m. CST
- KXJB (eastern North Dakota, northwest Minnesota) Dec. 25, 9-10 a.m. CST
- KFYR (western North Dakota) Dec. 25, 9-10 p.m. CST
- KNDX (western North Dakota) Dec. 24, 9-10 p.m. CST
The service will begin with Joel Allen, religion professor at DWU, giving the opening invocation and call to worship. DWU Campus Pastor, Denise Van Meter, will offer a pastoral prayer followed by the advent wreath candle lighting with Rev. Rebecca Trefz and Rev. Steve Trefz doing the reading. Several DWU students will be reading passages from scripture throughout the service. Bishop Bruch Ough, resident bishop of the Dakotas-Minnesota Area of the United Methodist Church, will give the evening’s message, “The In-Person God.” Following the message, Pastor Laurie Kidd of the Dakotas Conference will conduct a special reading as well as a unison prayer. Music for the evening will feature the Wesleyan Choir, Bells, Highlanders and LyricWood Orchestra.